Service improvements include work such as meter moves, overhead to underground line conversion, revamps for participation in load management programs, etc. Work for these services will be quoted on a case by case basis, payable at the total cost of construction. Pre-payment is required before any work is performed. The process is outlined below.
- Contact the cooperative to discuss the work you would like performed.
- If necessary, a staking technician will meet you and/or your contractor on-site to determine the scope of the project and how much it will cost. A nonrefundable $300 engineering estimate is payable prior to the site visit.
- Once the project is staked, we will mail you a quote for the work to be done. This quote must be paid in full prior to construction. The engineering estimate will be applied towards the quote.
- You will also need to provide the following:
- Any necessary easements on forms provided by the cooperative including full property legal descriptions.
- Special permits, if applicable (i.e. township, county, state, federal, etc.).
- A release of liability for private underground objects or utilities on forms provided by the cooperative.
- Submit Request for Electrical Inspection and complete electrical inspection OR Verification from electrical contractor and copy of request.
For additional details, please contact the Member Services Department at 218-732-3377 or 1-888-713-3377.